Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) invites every Quaker meeting and church from around the world to celebrate WORLD QUAKER DAY (WQD) on October 3, 2021. As the sun rises in each area of the world we want to remember that Quakers are worshiping through every time zone, celebrating our deep connections across cultures and Quaker traditions. We are united in love and can accompany each other on this special day that draws us together. As we worship, let us hold each other in prayer and thanksgiving, and let our hymns of praise resound across the world. It is a chance to celebrate our wonderful diversity of expression, whilst at the same time offering an important opportunity to learn about Friends’ experiences of climate breakdown in other parts of the world.
We hope you will share your WORLD QUAKER DAY experiences with FWCC. It can be very simple — a description, a poem, a few photos, or even a short video taken via a mobile phone. We will post it for other Friends around the world to see.
Our vision is for Friends to have access to a montage of activity of all sorts via FWCC’s websites and the FWCC World Office Facebook page. Email any items to us with WQD as the subject.
Imagine the sun rising, starting in the Pacific and proceeding hour by hour through every time zone, shining on Friends coming together in worship, connecting us across the expanse of a day. Imagine our family of Friends, in the unity of God’s loving spirit, bringing each other into our collective awareness. Imagine this loving presence hugging the world, healing the world, loving the world — through our collective spirit-filled lives. Many thanks!
- Hezron Masitsa (Africa Section)
- Adrian Glamorgan (Asia-West Pacific Section)
- Michael Eccles (Europe and Middle East Section)
- Robin Mohr (Section of the Americas)
1. Inform your church or meeting about the purpose of WORLD QUAKER DAY.
2. Choose from the worship resources provided and/or consider doing another activity. Be creative.
4. Check back on the web site and/or Facebook to see what other Friends around the world have done.